Last weekend my littlest grandson came to visit me. While I made dinner, he was “helping” me by stirring, giving advice and general and assorted harassment.
He asked me if he could have some juice while we were waiting for dinner, so I grabbed a juice box from the refrigerator and handed it to him.
He said, “Aren’t we going to take a picture of it before I drink it?”
Yikes! I guess mixed in with his memories of me will be a few or a few thousand of me taking pictures of food. I got out my camera and let him take a shot.
The question made me think about how blogging has changed my life. I’ve come up with the following:
1. I eat waaaaay better. I am much more likely to make or order something different in case it might turn into blog material
2. I have learned so much about food and photography and I have loved every minute of it
3. I am more aware of the seasonal influence on my food
4. I’ ve found a tribe, people who are as obsessed with food as I am and it’s enhanced my life
5. I’m fatter
6. I have met a lot of farmers and producers who I wouldn’t have met normally and they are interesting and amazing people
7. My weekends are spent making and photographing food instead of watching tv
8. I have become more aware of food politics and how it affects the world I live in
9. I have an official excuse for my ridiculous cookbook collection
10. I have YOU in my life and that is the best thing of all!Posted in She Loves | 12 Comments »